A health advocate is a family member, friend, trusted coworker or hired professional who can ask questions, write down information and speak up for you to facilitate better understand with regard to your health issues and insurance in order for you to get the care and resources you need. Quality health care requires taking an active role in decisions and having someone who is another set of ears and eyes can provide a big advantage.
Health Advocate Solutions through VHS’s partnership with Benefitspal helps you navigate through insurance and healthcare systems more fluidly. Having someone who knows the ins and outs can help alleviate some of the fear and frustration felt when confronted with a major illness or accident and confusion experienced when dealing with insurance and healthcare providers.
Simply call toll free number anytime you have a concern. You will be given your personal health advocate who will provide unlimited, confidential support.
- Help find the right doctors and hospitals
- Make appointments
- Untangling medical bills and insurance claims
- Clarifying benefits and answer questions about tests, treatments and medication options
- Coordinate care among providers
- Assist with eldercare and related healthcare issues
- Arrange second opinions and medical records transfers
- Negotiate discounts on medical and dental bills on your behalf when possible
- Negotiate payment arrangements with providers for non-covered services
Your health advocate will work tirelessly to make sure you and your family are taken care of in the most professional way possible. They help resolve complex issues by interacting with the health and insurance professionals on your behalf. Your privacy is protected and nothing will be disclosed to your employer, insurance or medical personnel or your family without your permission.
Health Advocate does not replace health insurance, provide medical care or recommend treatment.
Schedule your FREE No Obligation Consultation to learn how BenefitsPal through VHS can save you time, money while increasing the healthcare experience!